Sunday, April 22, 2012

     


     We live in a country with a rich and diverse culture. I grew up being exposed to Tagalog, Cebuano, Bicolano, Capampangan, Ilocano and Pangalatoc culture. I heard a lot of stories from my great grandparents grandparents, parents, relatives and neighbors about the myths and legends of their native provinces. I easily fell in love with the magnificent creatures and the stories they shared with me.
     Eventually I researched more about the Philippines myths. I then learned that every myth and legend tells something about our culture. The kind of gods and goddesses that each provinces used to (or some still do) believe tells a lot about the kind of life the natives have. Even the simple Tagalog myth about Malakas and Maganda clearly reflects the gender equality that we used to have before being contaminated by foreign culture.
     In line with our love and respect for our heritage, we the IKOS KOMIKS will use our art (visual and literary) to help promote Philippine culture. We hope to inspire and help others to better understand our true Filipino Identity.
     
     Welcome to our World of Myths and Legends!

IKOS
RAY

No comments:

Post a Comment